One Sunday

>> Friday, September 19, 2008


Going back to your roots once in a while is relieving. Its been 3 months since we last visited Liliw Laguna, me and my husbands’ hometown. Since it’s a Sunday, Manila to Liliw was only a 2-hour drive, a far-cry from the traffic-irritating 3 to 4 hours drive on weekdays.

This short trip was unplanned. As our usual schedule on a Sunday, we attended the 9am mass at Sanctuario de San Antonio. Was supposed to visit my friend Chinky’s bazaar in Quezon City but she told me not to anymore as the venue was not worth the time and effort. For lunch we wanted to try new environment, and so my husband said Alabang. We live in Pasig and tired of the usual Tiendesitas, Rockwell, Eastwood city ambiance. When I texted my food buff friend Trina, she suggested Hula Hula, a Hawaian resto near Fitness First Alabang. For whatever reason after a sumptuous lunch at Hula Hula around 11:30 am, my husband blurted: lets go to Liliw.

On our way to Liliw, I couldn’t help but truly enjoy the very essence of Sunday with the family. My husband’s repeatedly amusing joke while driving coupled by our two girls’, Joshielle and Sheena, giggling, was a moment every mother would always want to witness. Not to forget the green panorama along South Superhighway that provides a soothing relief for any person exposed to the influx of tall buildings in Metro Manila.

Our hometown. Since this was an unplanned trip, my father was taken aback upon opening the gate and seeing his only child, 2 lovely granddaughters and of course his favorite son-in-law in front of him, while he was on in the middle of weight lifting (very light, just for his age- 74) My mother was equally surprised when the girls woke her up in the middle of her usual afternoon nap. Joshielle and Sheena's fave cousins, Jade, Lara and Toby also excitedly dropped by the house to catch few things up even for an hour or two as they had to rush to their Ballet class. We all talked about shallow issues just to savor the few hours of bonding. I knew from the look of my parents eyes how much they miss us, followed by their constant hugs and kisses to my kids ,touching their hairs and pulling them to sit in their lap. It was such a lovely moment to treasure. Liliw trip is not complete if we do not buy the very affordable slippers and uraro from Jonas’ auntie. To top it all, we visited the image of San Buenaventura inside the Saint John The Baptist Church. Every time I visit Liliw, I see to it that I visit the church too. The image of San Buenaventura, according to my mother, is even older than she is. It is known to be very miraculous proven by lots of prayers granted. I am a living example of such. In January 2007 I prayed for an unbelievable blessing which I am presently relishing. For about a year now, I have been extremely thankful for allowing me to shout to the world that despite challenges and imperfections Life is indeed beautiful, and so are WE.

0 comments:

UPDATES ON MY OTHER BLOGS

Footer


  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP